Friday, June 22, 2007
MONEY
Something I noticed about money lately was that I didn't respect it at all. I know it sounds weird, but how can you get more of something you don't respect. I always threw my credit cards into my purse without putting them back in my wallet. I always did the same with cash and change as well. I didn't put them in my wallet and take good care of what I had; I just threw it around. Half the time I lost it and spent an enormous amount of time trying to find it. I have begun to stop and take the time to put my credit cards and my cash in my wallet where it belongs. Also, when you always look at money as not having enough, you will always not have enough. Oprah said, don't just ask for enough money to get by this month; you are putting a limit on yourself and on your limitless possibilities. I always say that I need enough money to do the work that I want to do in my life and to be able to write donation checks effortlessly for $10,000 or more to those organizations that I believe in. My special saying is: Money flows like honey through the cracks in the walls of this house. I have become appreciative of all the money I have and don't look at it as being "less than" or "not enough". I have money flowing from all kinds of places now. They say that you can ask for things and they WILL be given to you, but you actually HAVE to RECEIVE them! They say that these things swirl around in the universe until you are willing to receive them. I can't say that I don't worry about money EVER, but I am at peace knowing that I will be taken care of and that I will have more than enough money to do the things that I need to do in my life. It is like beginning a relationship with your money...developing a mutual respect for each other...and an acceptance of money. There is no reason why we should not have the money that we need and then some. We have done nothing in our lives that should or would prevent us from it. We don't have bad money karma...we just have never developed that relationship. Who would have thought that two weeks ago I would have been depositing money into my bank account??? I had to just sit there and take it all in (I almost didn't even notice that I had been so blessed). I stopped and almost cried that I had been blessed with the money that I had been given. I was afraid of letting the money go to pay off bills, but I know that if I don't let it go and I obsess about it and hoard it I am leaving no room for new and larger amounts of money in my life. Try to stop your negative thinking. Catch yourself when you say it and then logically tell yourself...hey, that is not true. For example, I still have quite a ways to go to be debt free. However, I have a goal of being debt free by the end of this summer. I was going over my finances last night and said to myself that there was no way I would be debt free by the end of the summer. Shame on me! I caught myself and said "I can’t believe I just said that!" We have to stop and reverse how we think and speak about money. Imagine a life where money is not an issue and not something that we obsessed about every single day. My life is slowly becoming that way and it is truly amazing and wonderful to put that energy into other projects that matter. I just tell myself that all will be taken care of and I try not to run around and spend money on frivolous things that I will never use. I think about things before I buy them and sometimes have put off buying them for a week or two just to see if I would have used them during that time. When you begin to respect money, then you start to question your spending habits and it becomes harder to spend money on unnecessary things. It is weird, but that is how it works. Again, it is truly building a respectful relationship with money. If you open the door for money, money will open the door for you!
One more thought: Don't look at money as an obsessive lover, or a backstabbing friend, look at it as a constant, trustworthy and dependable friend who is ALWAYS there when you need them in the good times and in the bad. If you always assume that money will be there, it will; if you always assume that it won't...then guess what...it won't. Imagine the amount of energy you could put to better use if you no longer worried obsessively about money!
DaYdReAmEr@ 9:48 PMSomething I noticed about money lately was that I didn't respect it at all. I know it sounds weird, but how can you get more of something you don't respect. I always threw my credit cards into my purse without putting them back in my wallet. I always did the same with cash and change as well. I didn't put them in my wallet and take good care of what I had; I just threw it around. Half the time I lost it and spent an enormous amount of time trying to find it. I have begun to stop and take the time to put my credit cards and my cash in my wallet where it belongs. Also, when you always look at money as not having enough, you will always not have enough. Oprah said, don't just ask for enough money to get by this month; you are putting a limit on yourself and on your limitless possibilities. I always say that I need enough money to do the work that I want to do in my life and to be able to write donation checks effortlessly for $10,000 or more to those organizations that I believe in. My special saying is: Money flows like honey through the cracks in the walls of this house. I have become appreciative of all the money I have and don't look at it as being "less than" or "not enough". I have money flowing from all kinds of places now. They say that you can ask for things and they WILL be given to you, but you actually HAVE to RECEIVE them! They say that these things swirl around in the universe until you are willing to receive them. I can't say that I don't worry about money EVER, but I am at peace knowing that I will be taken care of and that I will have more than enough money to do the things that I need to do in my life. It is like beginning a relationship with your money...developing a mutual respect for each other...and an acceptance of money. There is no reason why we should not have the money that we need and then some. We have done nothing in our lives that should or would prevent us from it. We don't have bad money karma...we just have never developed that relationship. Who would have thought that two weeks ago I would have been depositing money into my bank account??? I had to just sit there and take it all in (I almost didn't even notice that I had been so blessed). I stopped and almost cried that I had been blessed with the money that I had been given. I was afraid of letting the money go to pay off bills, but I know that if I don't let it go and I obsess about it and hoard it I am leaving no room for new and larger amounts of money in my life. Try to stop your negative thinking. Catch yourself when you say it and then logically tell yourself...hey, that is not true. For example, I still have quite a ways to go to be debt free. However, I have a goal of being debt free by the end of this summer. I was going over my finances last night and said to myself that there was no way I would be debt free by the end of the summer. Shame on me! I caught myself and said "I can’t believe I just said that!" We have to stop and reverse how we think and speak about money. Imagine a life where money is not an issue and not something that we obsessed about every single day. My life is slowly becoming that way and it is truly amazing and wonderful to put that energy into other projects that matter. I just tell myself that all will be taken care of and I try not to run around and spend money on frivolous things that I will never use. I think about things before I buy them and sometimes have put off buying them for a week or two just to see if I would have used them during that time. When you begin to respect money, then you start to question your spending habits and it becomes harder to spend money on unnecessary things. It is weird, but that is how it works. Again, it is truly building a respectful relationship with money. If you open the door for money, money will open the door for you!
One more thought: Don't look at money as an obsessive lover, or a backstabbing friend, look at it as a constant, trustworthy and dependable friend who is ALWAYS there when you need them in the good times and in the bad. If you always assume that money will be there, it will; if you always assume that it won't...then guess what...it won't. Imagine the amount of energy you could put to better use if you no longer worried obsessively about money!