Wednesday, January 30, 2008


Divine Intervention

The other day I had something very strange occur. I went to pick up my little one from play group and somehow between the time that I arrived to pick him up and the time I got back to my car (a span of about two minutes) I lost the my car keys. We searched everywhere for them, but there really wasn't many places to look. I hadn't stepped inside the play area, just the entrance where I sign my little one out. It was only a few steps to and from my car from the entrance of the play group so there wasn't much area to look at. Three of us looked through the entire car, though I had only been in the driver's side back seat to put my little one in the car seat. We completely emptied out my purse and the diaper bag and even called all the other parents whose children had been there. The keys were nowhere to be found. I called AAA (luckily I had a membership) and they informed me that their locksmith could not create a new key for my car and that I would have to go to the dealer. Upon calling the dealer I learned that they would need my car in order to create a new key. I had to have my car towed to the dealer which is a bit more difficult without a key. When my car and I finally arrived at the dealer they stayed late and worked hard to get a new key made for me, but for some reason the keys that they made just would not work. They realized that there was nothing else they could do that evening and that I would just have to wait until the next day. What strange coincidences. What are the chances of car keys disappearing LITERALLY into thin air? This was not a small key chain, but a very large one with many things attached. I had a very strong feeling that for whatever reason I was not supposed to be driving my car for that amount of time. I really felt that for some reason divine intervention was occurring. Who was I to mess with that? I decided that a seemingly catastrophic crisis (being stuck in the freezing cold with a two year old and having no car for nearly two days) was something brought on by some realm not understood by me. There were many earth angels who revealed themselves to me during this time and that brought a sense of comfort to me. Believe it or not, one of the most helpful was the DEALER whom I did not buy my car from. It is easy to find good people when everything is going perfectly, but it is a different story when everything is seemingly falling apart. I realized that there are wonderful people all around me that are willing to step up and create peace for someone in crisis. This has helped to restore some of my faith in humans, something I had lost many years ago. Rather than play the victim and talk about "poor little me" (my typical response) I see the incident for what it was…divine intervention. It has been nearly a week and my keys still have not been found. I have a feeling they will emerge again at some point in the near future, but I am very thankful for whatever other "crisis" was averted by those watching out for me!


DaYdReAmEr@ 6:23 AM