Thursday, February 07, 2008


JUMP

I had a vision today. It is strange to use that word, but I must call it what it is. Fear was a ledge. Picture yourself standing on the edge of the grand canyon in the dead of night. In front of you is a black abyss swirling around with no end. Behind you is comfort, familiarity, safety. What do you choose? You know that there is something missing from your life. You know that there is something more out there. You only have two choices - return to where you have come from or jump into the black abyss with an end that you cannot see. What do you do? In my vision I decided it was time to change, it was time to release my fear and jump into the abyss. As I fell I felt fearful - did I make the right decision...will everything fall apart...will I die...will there be consequences??? Just at the moment when fear was about to consume my body I hit a trampoline. You know...one of those huge trampolines. I began to laugh with extreme joy as I bounced up and down on this trampoline with no control of my body. I began to laugh with the realization that there was really nothing to fear, the entire time I was falling I was completely safe. I was never in any danger. When I landed I reached a new level of joy, a new level of possibility that was incomprehensible prior to my jump into the abyss. What would you do if faced with only two choice? Would you stand on the ledge looking down without ever making a decision? Will you sit down and contemplate the never ending unknown in front of you trying to figure out what is there, trying to plan for every possible outcome? Will you return back to familiarity and comfort rather than taking a chance? There are no guarantees - not with comfort and not with the unknown. One thing for sure is that you cannot evolve without moving forward. You cannot change, you cannot excel, you cannot escape the feeling that there is something more without jumping. Fear is only a ledge - that is all. It has an ending - a predictable ending. It is something that you can see. Jumping into the black abyss is unpredictable, it is mind bending, it is the feeling of being weightless - jumping from a plane without a parachute - it is worth the temporary feeling of fear to separate from your humaness and become the soul of limitless energy that you truly are. What will you decide to be - the newborn swaddled in a blanket or the three year old bouncing with endless joy on the trampoline of life?

DaYdReAmEr@ 9:54 AM